Burn Permit / Recreation Fire Pit / Outdoor Fireplace Information
**North Lyon County Fire Burn Permits are available to Fernley Residents**
If you are a resident of:
Dayton Valley, Mound House, Dayton, Mark Twain, Stagecoach or Silver Springs
Please Contact Central Lyon County Fire Protection District for Burn Permits
Residential Burn Permits available October 1, 2020 & expire May 31, 2021
Commercial Burn Permits available October 1, 2020 & expire May 31, 2021
Agricultural Burn Permits available July 1, 2020 & expire June 30, 2021
Residential and Agricultural Burn Permits are $20.00
Commercial Burn Permits are $50.00
Permits may be purchased at the District Office at 195 East Main Fernley, Nevada.
Monday through Thursday
7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Permit dates vary, based on weather and fire conditions.
A Permit is required for any open burning in the District.
Those burning without a permit, or not in compliance with the rules and regulations of the permit, will be cited.
To protect your home from potential wildfires…
- Create Defensible Space by eliminating weeds and noxious vegetation.
- Defensible space, in the context of fire control, is a natural and/or landscaped area, around a structure that has been maintained and designed to reduce fire danger. This practice is sometimes called ‘Fire Scaping’.
- A noxious weed, harmful weed or injurious weed is a weed that has been designated by an agricultural authority as one that is injurious to agricultural or horticultural crops, natural habitats or ecosystems, or humans or livestock. Most noxious weeds have been introduced into an ecosystem by ignorance, mismanagement, or accident.
- Remove dead trees and prune low-hanging branches
- Cut grass and weeds and remove debris regularly
- Relocate woodpiles and leftover building materials away from structures
- Keep your roof and yard clean of pine needles, leaves, and debris
- For current weather conditions visit http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/
Permits are NOT valid unless signed by a North Lyon Fire representative
- Burning is permitted from sun-up to noon, and must be fully extinguished by 2:00 pm.
- Open burning is prohibited when wind exceeds 10 miles per hour, during Red Flag warnings and when the Air Quality is poor.
- You may not burn construction materials, plastic, brush larger than 4 inches in diameter, paper, cardboard, or garbage.
- BURN BARRELS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED
- COMPLETE INSTRUCTION AND REQUIREMENTS TO BURN ARE POSTED ON THE PERMIT, AND CAN BE OBTAINED AT 195 EAST MAIN STREET FERNLEY.
- Recreational Fire Pit and Portable Outdoor Fireplace Information…