- About Us
- Contact Us
** The District only accepts Cash, Checks or Money Orders **
Agriculture Burn Permits are $20.00
Available July 1, 2018 & expire June 30, 2019
PLEASE BE AWARE OF RED FLAG DAYS
VISIT http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/ FOR CURRENT CONDITIONS
Residential Burn Permits Expired May 31, 2018
Commercial Burn Permits Expired May 31, 2018
Seasonal Burn Permits are issued to protect your home from potential wildfires, and for cleanup of dried vegetation. We issue Residential, Agricultural and Commercial permits.
A Permit may be purchased at the District Office at 195 East Main Fernley, Nevada. Permit dates vary, based on weather and fire conditions. A Permit is required for any open burning in the District.
Those burning without a permit, or not in compliance with the rules and regulations of the permit, will be cited.
Permits are NOT valid unless signed by a North Lyon Fire representative
- Burning is permitted from sun-up to noon, and must be fully extinguished by 2:00 pm.
- Open burning is prohibited when wind exceeds 10 miles per hour, during Red Flag warnings and when the Air Quality is poor.
- You may not burn construction materials, plastic, brush larger than 4 inches in diameter, paper, cardboard, or garbage.
- BURN BARRELS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED
- COMPLETE INSTRUCTION AND REQUIREMENTS TO BURN ARE POSTED ON THE PERMIT, AND CAN BE OBTAINED AT 195 EAST MAIN STREET FERNLEY.
To protect your home from potential wildfires…
- Remove dead trees and prune low-hanging branches.
- Cut grass and weeds and remove debris regularly.
- Relocate woodpiles and leftover building materials away from structures.
- Keep your roof and yard clean of pine needles, leaves, and debris.
For more information contact the fire district at (775) 575-3310.
NOTICE . . .
IF YOU ARE NOT COMPLIANT WITH THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE PERMIT, YOU WILL BE CITED!