- About Us
- Contact Us
Burn Permits ** The District only accepts Cash or Check **
Residential Burn Permits available October 1, 2017 & Expire May 31, 2018 and are $20.00
Commercial Burn Permits available October 1, 2017 & Expire May 31, 2018 and are $20.00
Agriculture Burn Permits available July 1, 2017 & Expire June 30, 2018 and are $50.00
Seasonal Burn Permits are issued to protect your home from potential wildfires, and for cleanup of dried vegetation. We issue Residential, Agricultural and Commercial permits.
A Permit may be purchased at the District Office at 195 East Main Fernley, Nevada. Permit dates vary, based on weather and fire conditions. A Permit is required for any open burning in the District. Those burning without a permit, or are not in compliance with the rules and regulations of the permit, will be cited.
Permits are NOT valid unless signed by a North Lyon Fire representative
- Burning is permitted from sun-up to noon, and must be fully extinguished by 2:00 pm.
- Open burning is prohibited when wind exceeds 10 miles per hour, during Red Flag warnings and when the Air Quality is poor.
- You may not burn construction materials, plastic, brush larger than 4 inches in diameter, paper, cardboard, or garbage.
- BURN BARRELS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED
- COMPLETE INSTRUCTION AND REQUIREMENTS TO BURN ARE POSTED ON THE PERMIT, AND CAN BE OBTAINED AT 195 EAST MAIN STREET FERNLEY.
To protect your home from potential wildfires…
- Remove dead trees and prune low-hanging branches.
- Cut grass and weeds and remove debris regularly.
- Relocate woodpiles and leftover building materials away from structures.
- Keep your roof and yard clean of pine needles, leaves, and debris.
For more information contact the fire district at (775) 575-3310.
NOTICE . . .
IF YOU ARE NOT COMPLIANT WITH THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE PERMIT, YOU WILL BE CITED!